By: Desiree Hester
The new Oasis 18L Hydration Pack is out and I am loving it. I’ve been reaching for this pack more and more as I head out for activities ranging from hikes in the mountains to day adventures while out traveling through the charming mountain towns surrounding beautiful Rocky Mountain National Park. This pack is comfortable, sturdy, and versatile to boot. But you don’t have to take my word for it- let’s explore all of the pack’s best features and uses.
- Durable Construction: Each pack is constructed in a durable, rip stop material that can stand up to tough terrain without skipping a beat.
- Great Colors: The Oasis 18L Hydration Pack comes in a variety of colors: Onyx, High Tide Blue, Olive Green, Teal Green, Plum Purple, Stark Red, and my personal favorite, Burnt Orange, so you are sure to find a color that suits your style.
- Bike friendly: The Oasis 18L Hydration Pack goes above and beyond to offer extra features like a built-in shock cord to keep your helmet or jacket stored securely. If biking is calling your name, then you can safely hit the road, day or night, with the pack’s sewn in reflective markers.
- Ample water storage: Not only does the pack come with a 2-liter water bladder but it also offers two mesh side pockets for additional water bottle storage. I appreciated that the pockets could fit my 32-ounce Nalgene bottle with ease. I also loved that the pack offered a separate pocket for the water bladder, further preventing the chance of any condensation or leaks reaching my gear. My gear has stayed perfectly dry each time I’ve used the pack.
- Easy water flow: with a simple system, the bite valve can be easily pulled open and pushed closed. I found the water flow to be good. As an added bonus, the pack has ports on both sides so that you can access the bite valve on whichever side you prefer.
- Plentiful storage: The pack has multiple, easy to access pockets that allow for great organization and access. I loved that I could store the things I grab most often like snacks, Chapstick and dog treats (for our beloved adventure pup) in one pocket, with less used items like my head lamp, bug spray and extra camera gear in a separate pocket. The multi-pocket system allows for you to adapt to a variety of activities.
Smaller than the original Oasis Hydration 22L pack, the 18L is the perfect pack for day hikes and adventures, travel sight-seeing, or even just heading out for a long walk on a hot day. Though the pack is compact, its multi-pocketed system gives ample space for all the essentials you’ll need for the day’s activities. I’ve recently been grabbing the pack for everything from day hikes to carrying a camera body, lens and other essentials while traveling, and have loved the versatility that this pack offers. Having the flexibility to go from city to mountains with one pack is a win in my adventure book. To further allow for flexibility, this pack comes with a built-in rain cover that can be accessed easily, to keep you out exploring, come rain or shine.
Designed with adjustable straps in the chest, shoulder and waist, the pack can be altered for a custom fit. Padded shoulder straps allow for extra cushioning in the shoulders. Even with day long adventures the pack felt very comfortable to me and I felt no discomfort in my shoulders or neck like some packs have caused in the past. I also loved the added feature of making the pack ambidextrous so that you can easily reach the bite valve from whichever side is most natural for you. So, with comfort, durability and adaptability, grab the Oasis 18L Hydration Pack and get ready to hit the trail with style and a pack to last.
About the Author: Desiree Hester
Desiree is a photographer, blogger, world traveler and creator of The Wayfarer Journeys travel website. Through her words and photos she aims to inspire others to dedicate more time to being in nature and to add outdoor adventure into every trip that is taken. Desiree believes that anyone can benefit from travel and time spent in the great outdoors- no matter their skill level. Whether in her beautiful home state of Utah or while traveling abroad, she can be found hiking, back packing, camping, snow shoeing, cooking a mean dutch oven meal or out on the lake with her wonderful husband and fearless adventure pup, Waldo. You can follow Desiree on Instagram at @thewayfarerjourneys