Well-rounded and popular, just like you! The TETON Explorer Backpack is ready and waiting for multi-day adventures. At a surprisingly great price, this popular full-frame pack now offers more color options and exciting new features, making it the standard of backpack excellence. The 65L high-quality pack is our classic size, while the 75L and 85L deliver the same quality, but with room for the bulkiest loads and longer adventures.
More details about the Explorer 75L Backpack:
|Material Overview:||600D Polyester Diamond Ripstop|
|Shell Material:||600D Polyester Diamond Ripstop|
|Dimensions (in use):||34" x 18" x 12"|
|Pack Weight:||5.6 lbs.|
|Backpack Volume:||75 liters|
|Suggested Trip Length:||3-5 days|
|Hydration Capacity:||3 liters|
|Backpack Frame Type:||Internal Frame|
|Sleeping Bag Compartment?:||Yes|
|Torso Length:||19" - 23"|
|Waist Belt Size Range:||30" - 65"|
|Country of Origin:||China|
Please note: We do not ship to P.O. boxes. Please provide a physical shipping address when checking out.
We ship from our warehouse in Salt Lake City, Utah via various methods, including USPS and FedEx. If an item is available for sale, it is in stock in our warehouse and will ship as soon as the payment processes, usually within 1 business day of your order.
Once shipped, orders typically take approximately 3 to 5 business days to arrive.
Standard shipping is free for orders $75 and above—after discounts are applied and before taxes and shipping are calculated—to destinations in the continental 48 US states.
When you place an order, you will get a confirmation email. Once your order has left our warehouse, we will email your tracking information to you. Your carrier can give you an estimated arrival date. Most carriers provide step-by-step updates if you request them.
Express shipping is available via FedEx. Rates are calculated by package weight and destination. These options and their rates will be available during checkout.
Built TETON Tough
Our Lifetime Warranty
All of our products are backed by a limited lifetime guarantee. Our products are built to withstand whatever nature throws at you, but rest assured, our warranty will help get your gear repaired or replaced if anything goes wrong.
- JNJason N.Verified ReviewerReviewingExplorer 85L BackpackI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 starsMar 19, 2023Best bang for the buck.
I’ve been looking for a good backpacking pack to replace my old Jansport relic. I’m a big guy, 6’6”, 250 and not many options under $200. This bad boy has all the bells and whistles and then some I never thought of, lightweight and durable as all ****, all under $120. I found mine at Sportsman’s warehouse and thought I stumbled across a pricing error. No, that’s just Teton being awesome again. Best in the biz.
- AAA1PRVerified BuyerReviewingExplorer 85L BackpackI do not recommend this productRated 2 out of 5 starsMar 4, 202385L Explorer Not True to Size like the 65L
I purchased 2 weeks ago the 65L explorer 4000 it wasnt true to size and had to return it, now neither is this 85L version true to size
Not True to Size, Teton states "34" x 22" x 16" , I am not sure how they get these measurements
yes it may be 34" long but its not 22 inches wide nor 16 inches deep
mine with brain lid is 36: Long 18" wide to outside of external pockets and 12" deep from back of frame to outside pack material
is this a quality control issue? I feel robbed let alone cheated
I can not fit my compressed -10* mummy bag in the sleeping bag compartment, it measures 12:X16" so this must be designed for the ultralight hiker and really small gear???
my 30* mummy fits but thats it, which is really sad
the top hood aka brain needs to be redesigned, it hangs too far forward
I purchased this to carry all my hammock gear in the back of my jeep, not to hike with and I feel it just barely works for that
its a good pack if you can live with these issues, not sure I can
it does have some cool features given its price point which is the most frugal 85L pack on the market I know ofTETON SportsMar 8, 2023
Hi there. Thank you for your review of the Explorer 85L. I'm sorry that the one you received wasn't true to size! We measure our packs while they are fully packed out. Measurements can be tricky because there are so many ways to measure this pack. We understand there are sometimes inconsistencies, though the difference shouldn't be too far off what the specifications tab shows. The sleeping bag compartment for the 85L is 18" x 11" x 11". Most mummy-style bags should fit in it, but there are some that may not. I'm sorry if the dimensions are not adding up as expected, though I did confirm with our product team that the volume will always remain the same even if the dimensions happen to be off. If you'd like to chat with a customer experience representative to ask more about it or start a return, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- KKyleReviewingExplorer 85L BackpackI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 starsFeb 10, 2023Very happy
I have yet to go camping with it yet but I’ve stuffed everything in and there is still enough room to add additional items. The pockets are still free to use to. Quality is great and this is definitely the best backpack you can get for the money
- CAChris A.Verified ReviewerReviewingExplorer 85L BackpackI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 starsFeb 4, 2023Great pack/Great Value!
85L pack is very comfortable. It is able to hold a lot of weight. Teton defiantly put a lot of thought into making a pack that could hold a lot of weight and also be comfortable. The back of the pack has an internal frame which is a significant bonus PLUS it is adjustable. Lots of space and pockets for different items. Also for the price this is unbeatable. Coupled that with a lifetime warranty and this is the best value on the market. I have the tan one!
- SHsarah h.Verified ReviewerReviewingExplorer 65L BackpackI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 starsJan 21, 2023My new best friend
I’ve been looking for a new bag for quite some time and the reviews I saw about this one was hard to pass up on and I’m thankful I picked a good. Just got back from a little camping trip and it was perfect 👍🏼 hitting up Teton and glacier National Park this year and this bag is going to be perfect.
- CChasGReviewingExplorer 65L BackpackI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 starsSep 27, 2022Great Pack for 3 days in the PA Wilds
Bought this pack off Amazon and tested it on a 3-day backpack/camping trip, 9.6 mile roundtrip hike into the Wilds in Benezette, PA. Packed it with 38 lbs. of gear including the Mountain Ultra 2-person tent, Leaf 20 Mummy Sleep Bag and the 3l Hydration Bladder. Lot's of storage and attachment options. Very comfortable around the hips, torso, and shoulders. Love the multi-adjustment options and adjustable internal frame. I'm 62 years old and I had no problem carrying this on this long of a hike. CODE: bigexplorer10.
- FSFrank SerranoVerified ReviewerReviewingExplorer 65L BackpackI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 starsJul 16, 2022Wowsers!
Just put this bag through the motions on a three-day over the divide. Had to get some sweat onto it, to soften it up, but by midday, day one, the Scout and I had merged into a singular hiking unit. A beast with two backs! But not in the **** Othellian way. Highly recommended.
- SPScott P.Verified BuyerReviewingExplorer 65L BackpackI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 starsMay 31, 2023A great value!
Overall, this backpack is a great value and I'm extremely happy with the purchase. For a relatively small expense, it's very well-constructed and is pretty comfortable even when fully loaded. There are a couple of minor issues I've noticed:
1. When the pack is fully loaded and sitting on a flat surface, it tends to lean forward instead of backward, which is my preference.
2. I wish the two water bottle pockets on the sides of the backpack were stitched at more of a forward angle. It's difficult for me to reach that far back and pull the bottle straight up to get it out of the pocket. Pointing the pocket forward a bit would make it a lot easier for me to pull it out.
3. The pouch at the top of the pack leans pretty far forward when there is nothing like a sweatshirt or sleeping pad packed underneath it to support it - even when cinched as tight as possible. Visually, it looks like the pocket is sliding off. I really like the two zippers so I have the option to pack items on top or underneath. But if I do put some items in the top pouch, it leans forward even more and changes the weight distribution on the pack which puts a bit of a strain on my neck. I'd wish the strap attachment points on the pack were lower, which would pull the pouch back and make it sit atop the pack better.
Those are my design thoughts. I also had a ***very minor*** quality issue, and the Warranty department went above and beyond to resolve it. I am definitely going to buy more gear. The prices are great…
- GGordonVerified ReviewerReviewingExplorer 65L BackpackI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 starsMay 25, 2023Great bag!
I love the bag! Great material!
- PPHFlynnVerified ReviewerReviewingExplorer 75L BackpackI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 starsMay 8, 2023Excellent backpack for the price!
I recently purchased the Explorer 75L Backpack for a canoe/camping/fishing outing, and I found it to be an excellent backpack for the cost. I liked all the pockets, the adjustable shoulder strap positions, the comfort around my waist, and the rain cover that comes out of the bottom of the pack. I have a Teton sleeping bag, and it fit perfectly in the bottom sleeping bag compartment. I'm looking forward to my next opportunity to use this backpack!