- Great Company Culture. We believe your voice is important in the company’s future. We’re a small business that values individual contributions and collaboration.
- Make an Impact. We change the world by facilitating memorable outdoor experiences every day. Join our mission to help create one billion and one of them.
- Flexible Work Schedule. We allow you to choose your own schedule that works with your team and your manager to have you work most effectively. We have PTO and flexible vacation policies for all team members.
- Health Benefits. We offer a unique approach to wellness that gives you autonomy to select a health and dental plan that meet your needs.
- Retirement Program. We believe in planning for the future and offer a 401(k) and a generous company match.
- Victory Pool. We celebrate and reward success through our profit-sharing program.
- Accelerated Learning. We pay you to learn—really! Each quarter you can improve your wellness, your career, and your personal life with our jumpstart program
- Industry Perks. We offer all the perks of working for an outdoor company and then some. Enjoy discounts at TETON and our partner companies, check out product from our gear library to test out on your next adventure, and participate in our annual summer camp.
Value-driven company culture. We operate from a set of core values that ensures we honor everyone’s personal freedom, celebrate individuality, always make ethical and responsible decisions. Our values are our path F.O.R.W.A.R.D.
Job Title: Seasonal Customer Service Representative
Department: Customer Experience
Location: Remote: Work from Home Position; must be Utah resident
Payscale: Part Time Seasonal, 15 hours/week | $15 - $17 per hour DOE
Our Customer Experience Team is looking for seasonal weekend help to wow TETON customers! If you love to help people find the right outdoor gear, solve problems, turn frustrations into celebrations, and don’t let the occasional “can’t make everyone happy” situation get you down, we want to talk to you!
This position is for a Utah-based candidate but offers the flexibility of remote work (we’ve been remote before it was cool). You’ll be calling customers, responding to inbound inquiries and reviews, placing orders, and preparing and tracking data. You’ll coordinate with other departments as needed. Most importantly, you’ll ensure we perform like a rock star for our customers.
Details: 15 hours/week, weekend schedule, WFH, mid-November to mid-January
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to inbound inquiries from customers through email and phone channels
- Resolve customer or product complaints
- Help customers choose the right gear for their adventures
- Inbound and outbound phone calls to customers as needed
- Provide real time support to customers
- Place orders for warranty items
- Process returns
- Coordinate between other departments
- Prepare and track data reports
- Follow communication policies
- Other duties as assigned
More about the Job
Our amazing Customer Experience Team is often the only one-on-one interaction our customers have with our company. As the “front line” of TETON, we are looking for all-star customer experience reps who are tech savvy and top-notch over phone, email, and chat.
TETON is here to get people outdoors every day. We love our avid outdoorspeople, and we also help a lot of first-time hikers and campers. Being able to explain the ins and outs of gear to beginners is as important as smoothing things over when something breaks and you assure an unhappy camper that we’ll take care of them with our famous lifetime warranty.
The company provides computer equipment and a headset.
- Experience with hiking/camping gear
- Working knowledge of computers and a strong foundation in Microsoft Office products
- Experience using computers to track items or data
- Able to read, analyze and interpret information in many forms
- Basic familiarity with e-commerce environments
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Able to prioritize tasks and be efficient
- Team-oriented but also able to work independently
- Able to follow oral and written instructions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A reliably calm and quiet work environment for professionalism over the phone
- Reliable Internet connection
- 2+ years customer service experience
- 1+ years administrative duties/computer experience
- Experience with a ticketing system or CRM
Please send a resume and cover letter describing your best OR your worst camping trip. Candidates outside of Utah will not be considered.